So having done some reading and reflection, it is time to set goals and put a plan in place.
Here are my goals:
1. To have 6 to 7 hours of sleep every night.
2. To fall asleep without difficulty.
3. To sleep undisturbed with just one or two waking times in the night but getting back to sleep without difficulty.
1. Go to bed at 10.30.
2. Develop a bedtime routine. Have kitchen done, shower, remove makeup by 10pm.
3. Get up by 9 on weekends.
4. Get 15 minutes of sunlight every morning.
Obstacles / solutions:
RESULT = A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP
Set your own plan! See if you can have a new normal when incomes to sleeping well.
Last night I was in bed by 11.20. I was watching a show I wanted to see and was feeling tired. At first I tried to convince myself that the show was worth fighting my sleepiness. Then I stood firm and told my inner brat to go to bed. I fell asleep immediately. Unfortunately Mr Sans explosive snoring woke me at 4. I couldn’t sleep so got up at and read for an hour an a half. Got back to sleep and slept until 8.30. Lazed in bed until now. 6 1/2 hours sleep. I’m seeing a pattern here.
Today’s decluttered item = wardrobe smelly things. The bottom of one side of my wardrobe is now clear, ready to be wiped down. These had fallen to the bottom from the rail from which they were hanging. They have long since lost their smell and anti-moth power. But did you read that? The wardrobe floor is bare! (Well, one section of the wardrobe.)